Sunday, August 14, 2011

Amusement Park means Water Park, Stupid!

So for the whole week Sweety and Thila have been talking about the amusement park and how we are all going. They showed me the website (which they remind me of in their defense later on) and we all talked about how fun it woul be.

I wasn't sure what to expect and had some doubts about hoards of people riding on old, rickety roller coasters and how I might fall to my death ("American Student Lost on un-safe Coaster in India" is the headline I imagined.) But I was wrong! First, the park was clean, pretty modern-looking and there was hardly anyone there. Second, it wasn't an amusement park it was a water park. Am I the only one that thinks amusement parks are primarily rides and water parks are all water rides and pools?

Anyway, we pay, walk in and all I see is water. "Now we change" the girls say. Whoa, I didn't know I was supposed to bring anything to swim in!! "YOU Fogot?? How could you forget?!" The girls ask. I didn't forget, I explain, they never told me!! They swear they told me and they reminded me, "We showed you the website..." OK, that's true, but I couldn't tell from the 2 seconds I glanced at the website...

So we have to buy something for me to swim in. The park sells Tshirts, good, and children's spandex pants?! Why they sell these, I have no idea, (in case skinny, stupid Americans need to wear something?) but I bought the largest pair of spandex they had, and they fit (pretty much).

Here I am in my lovely swimming costume (literally). I think this is the ugliest outfit anyone every swam in (like I need to draw attention to myself)!
All the other women swim in their regular clothes (including the scarf!). So I stuck out just a little.

I haven't been to a water park since I was in college. It was fun. We went down the slides in inner tubes and rode mats through waves and swam in the pool. We ended the day with more swimming lessons. Sweety is getting better. I had Thila practice with a kick board. It's hard to swim with all those clothes on and a scarf wrapping around your neck though.

Ok, should I mention the barfing? We went on one ride that was not water based - it was this ship that swung back and forth. One girl on Thila's right barfs all over and the girl on my left, seeing the barfing girl, barfed as well. We were surrounded!! All the women are yelling "STOP! STOP!" and I am hoping no one else barfs. Geesh! That has never happened to me before. They stop the ride quickly and hose down the ship. The young women that barfed seem OK, so we move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment