Monday, August 15, 2011

Great Idea for a Smartphone Ap

As I was having lunch today at the hotel, I was staring at my delicious looking lettuce and fresh vegetable salad on my plate wishing I could eat it. Because all fruits and vegetables are washed in water, people are telling me to stay away from fresh fruits and vegetables even if they look good. I have so far.

So I was sitting thinking wouldn't it be nice if I could scan my salad with my phone and get a reading on how risky it is to eat? If the app could somehow X-ray my salad for illness causing bacteria and micro organisms, it could then give me a rating.

Ratings could be...
RISKY: lots of bad stuff here, eat at your own risk!
Small Risk: there are some small levels of bacteria in the food that could make you sick. Be ware.
No Risk: Chow down, it's safe!

This would be a useful app to have when traveling, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment