Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ice Cream You Scream

A couple times we have been driving through the other side of the village and noticed a new store. It looks clean and modern and there is clearly a picture of ice cream above the door. I mentioned to the family that I think there is an ice cream shop on the other side of town. They did not believe me at first, but Sweety was at the bank the other day and she spotted it as well.

With temperatures soaring today (feels like 100 in the shade) we decided it was a good day to check out this new shop.

As the family had us running errands throughout the village we made a stop at the ice cream store. Inside is the coolest, most powerful air conditioning I have ever felt in India. It was wonderful. I said I could bring my book and just hang out and read in there all day.

They have many flavors of ice cream including "American Special". I am not sure what flavor that is but it was vanilla ice cream with something mixed in it. I got Coffee Toffee and Vanilla Chip.
Sweety went 100% chocolate.
I will be back to this shop. It might be my new favorite (if they only served coffee!).

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you found some ice cream before you left India. Do they have coffee ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do have coffee ice cream! I will have to return and let you know how it is. :)

    ReplyDelete