Monday, August 8, 2011

We hope you like spicy food!

I have landed in my new home in the village of Virudhunagar and am trying to learn and adjust to new environment. (did I mention it's hot?) I am staying with the founder of the women's organization at her house with her husband, daughter who is 21 and small white dog named Rinky. I knew they were good people when I saw they had a small indoor dog the same size and color as Mr Smith. Upon my arrival they started asking me questions about Rinky's behavior. Apparently he does not like Indian people, but he prefers foreigners like me. I told them they will have to ask Rinky what that is all about.

In addition, they think I am crazy because everything they try to feed me is SPICY!. They tell me the food is not spicy and I tell them, yes, it's VERY spicy. This seems to happen at every meal. I hope I get used to it. AND they said I don't have to wear the scarf. Yay!! Did I mention it's really hot?

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see a pic of Rinky. Oh, and all the spicy foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Rinky a poodle-bichon mix too? I am interested in the foods they eat too? Let us know when (or if) you find your favorite dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least the spicy food gets you sweating and cools off your body! LOL That's supposed to be the bright side, but I'm with you Amanda.... not loving any hot weather!

    ReplyDelete