Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Visiting Tirunelveli

Our first big city stop is in Tirunelveli. We meet up with their cousin Felix and his mom and dad. Felix takes me, Sweety and Antone out on the town.

Our first stop is the new church built in town.





Then off to the mall for some shopping. I bought my niece a traditional Indian outfit here.



Then on to a "famous bakery" for ice cream and pizza.



Finally we did some shopping in the markets. I spotted oranges and had to get some. It has been a long time without fresh fruits (pretty much just bananas for me). The oranges proudly displayed the USA sticker on them - Velencia!

More browsing in the market...

Tirunelvi is a much larger city than where I am staying so we took advantage of all the food and shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment