Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Why are you going to India?

I have made it safely to India and am enjoying my hotel in Chennai this first morning. The picture is the view from my room. I think it's just another hotel!

I estimated I was on a plane in the air for about 19 hours to get here. It actually went fast though. I met some nice folks on the plane. One man was coming home to India for the first time since he was 3 years old. He was born here but moved to the states when he was 3 and has never returned. Now, 25 years later he was going to India to meet his grandma who is celebrating her 105th birthday this summer. Amazing!! Another man was coming to India for dental work. He need some work on his teeth and it would cost him $15,000 in the US but only $5,000 in India. This reminded me of Costa Rica in that the healthcare is more affordable but quality can be similar to the US. He said the surgeon was from New York and he was confident in the quality. Finally I met a man who had bought a one-way ticket only. He planned on visiting Nepal and Thailand after India but had no real schedule. A true adventurer!

I am enjoying the Internet at the hotel and have to use it before I move on to the village.

No comments:

Post a Comment