Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pride


The women's organization helps women in the village find employment or start their own businesses.

One thing I have noticed as I visit the homes and workplaces of women in the village is that they are proud to show me their products and processes used to create their products. I can tell it’s important work to them as they explain each detail of every piece of the product. Yesterday I visited a smaller community outside the village where there is a group of 10 women that come together in one house. They have started their own business of making and selling incense. 

To make the product, each woman had her own role in the process. One would fold the packets, the next put the incense into the packets, the third would place the packets into the boxes. Lastly, a woman would take the boxes and wrap them in packaging. It was a regular assembly line right in the living space. They showed me the materials, how to package them, the different types of boxes. It was really amazing to see them working so efficiently together. They smile as they talk about the work and I can tell they are proud of the product they are making.


 Here the women are placing the pieces of incense into packets for the boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment