Sunday, August 7, 2011

Can you help me come to the United States?

I was asked this question a lot when I traveled to Africa and have already been approached by hotel staff here in India about helping them come to the United States. It's hard. I try to explain how challenging it is to get a work visa to come to the United States, but they really want to try.

I know Americans complain about the current state of the US and the government, but I know I am lucky to have been born there. Today a nice young man told me he wants to work in the US and start his family there, not in India. It must be challenging for them here to try and make money and get ahead. 

3 comments:

  1. I understand why Indians want to come to America - the land of opportunity, but I'm curious to know what most of them think about Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, that's a good question. They want to meet you and be your friend is my experience so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're especially drawn to you because of your blonde hair and fair skin! I wonder if us brown skinned asians would get the same attention? LOL

    ReplyDelete