Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Spaghetti Dinner

With food being on my mind a lot lately, and Sweety wanting to try western recipes, I looked around in the village for something I could make. I was able to find most of the ingredients to make spaghetti for the family.


We had to make our own sauce, there is no spaghetti sauce here - I found tomato paste and added salt, pepper, sugar, tomatoes, garlic and onion. Then I found some vermicelli pasta. The store told me the "noodles" were only for desserts. They have never used the word pasta before. The store tried to talk me out of buying the pasta.


So after two and half hours and neighbors coming in and knowing that something was "different", we had spaghetti. They have never heard of such a thing.

The final verdict was, "it's too bland, needs chili-peppers". OK, it was a very mild sauce, but I had 3 plates of it!!! It needed a roll and salad which I have not been able to find in the village yet.

4 comments:

  1. OMG, Amanda is turning into a chef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very proud of you, Amanda. It looks delicious!! You would never know that you don't cook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really wasn't that great. Even I thought it was pretty tasteless, but I ate it. :) I think I needed some mild food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I had spaghetti yesterday for lunch, yummy. The family thought the rest should be donated to the poor out in the street. How could I argue with that? I let my precious spaghetti go, though I don't think they would want it, I would have eaten it gladly for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

    ReplyDelete